Image Map

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cookies & A Camera

One of my closest friends asked if I'd make some cookies that she could hand out at her photography booth at a wedding expo this Sunday.

I was happy to oblige...and it allowed me to try this nifty thing I saw on one of my mostest favoritest blog ever.  Yes, I'm aware that's not great English.

Me smart.

The blog I'm referring to is "The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle" and the amazing Callye.  She posted back last month about how to use your airbrush to make lace patterns on a cookie. 

Seriously.  How ingenious.

I'm not even going to try to explain it...you need to read her blog to see.  Not to mention read every other post she has.  It's just that good.

So I read...and then re-read the blog post to make sure I didn't mess up.  And away I went with my fingers crossed.

Step 1: Flood cookies (white works the best...however I'm not opposed to trying other colors) and let dry.


Step 2: Buy lace and a embroidery hoop.  Put lace into embroidery hoop so it's tight.


Step 3: Place one or two cookies (depending on their size) onto a cookie sheet. 


Step 4: Go shopping or take a nap.  Kidding.  Just seeing if you're paying attention.

Step 4 (for real): Put the lace & hoop over the cookies.


Step 5: Get your airbrush gun ready (yeah, so I forgot to take a picture of that...sue me.)  Load it with whatever color you'd like to use.  I picked purple, black and blue. 

And spray away lightly over the two cookies.


Step 6: Lift the embroidery hoop directly off of the cookie.  Don't smudge, drag it across the cookie or do anything to mess with the top of it.  It's wet becuase of the airbrushing. 

Don't you feel like a genius?


Step 7: Spray the rest of the zillion of cookies you have.  Switching colors and putting in clean lace whenever you feel like it.






Then let them dry overnight.  And the next morning wake up, forget it was day light savings and bum around the house thinking it was 9:30 am, but in reality it was 10:30 am. 

Finally realize the time change, freak out and beg your husband to help you packaged them and drive in a mini-blizzard to deliver the cookies at exactly 11:30 am. Right. When. The. Wedding. Expo. Started.

Nothing like arriving by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin.


At least they looked pretty.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment