Image Map

Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's Fall Y'all

Yes, I did just throw a y'all in there.  I did used to work for a rodeo.

That's a little fun fact for you to chew on this Monday morning.

Rodeo or not....it's still fall and that means trying to come up with fall cookie ideas.

This past week was crazy.  Why you ask?

Well...I had to make over 400 cookies.

Yes, that's no typo.  Not 4.  Nor 40.

400.

And I still needed to do my real job.  That provides me with a steady paycheck.  So all of my evenings and even into the wee-morning hours I did decorate.

All of the fall cookies I took to Friend, NE this past Saturday for a ladies luncheon at the Friend Country Club.

And get this.

I was the "featured speaker."

Say what?

Apparently people thought it would be a good idea to give me a stage and a crowd - and they actually wanted to listen to me talk about cookies.

Silly people.

But it went great.  I was a little nervous - as I'm just used to doing small cookie classes for 8 people.  60+ ladies is a little more than normal.

Aside from a minor technical hiccup (seriously, why does audio visual NEVER work when you need it to?) I think, fingers crossed, that everyone enjoyed the day.  And that they enjoyed the cookies I sold after my presentation.

I had fun making them.











So thank you ladies of Friend, NE...it was an honor to come talk to you. I hope I was entertaining.

Oh...and that that cookies tasted good!


No comments:

Post a Comment