Image Map

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Go Get 'Em Gus!

I was contacted about making some cookies for a lady who's nephew was headed off to West Point.

Not West Point, Nebraska...theeeee West Point.

As in military.

Yeah, big deal.

She sent me the West Point logo and also a funny picture of her nephews head superimposed onto someone's body in West Point regalia.



 First off...there was no way I was attempting to recreate the West Point logo.  Let's be honest.  That's just crazy.

So I asked if I could do an interpretation.  Thankfully they said yes.  Could you imagine if they said no? Ha!

The headdress was the part I was most excited about.

I took the biggest Russian nesting doll cookie cutter and outlined the top of the hat.


With a little filling in and more filling in...



Then came the fun part.  The feathery plume.  I had more fun teasing people on Facebook and Instagram asking what they thought this picture was.  No one guessed right but there were some awesome guesses...

They ranged from "a mistake" and "ursula from the little mermaid" to "elvira" and "toothless." I had to look up what "toothless" was...FYI it's a cartoon character.  I'm so out of touch.


But it's just the feather plume.


Then came adding on some gold accents - as the hat band.

Isn't that color just great?  It's the gold from TruColor.  Visit them here to see all the awesome natural food coloring options.  Such. Beautiful. Colors.


So the final product looks pretty cool.


And paired up with my "interpretive" crests....it's one awesome military cookie package.





But the real thanks goes to Gus who's heading off to West Point soon.  Thank you Gus for what you're about to do.  It's people like you who make this country great.



No comments:

Post a Comment