Image Map

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's Art. Really it is.

It's an art kind of day.  Especially for a birthday party.

I've always wanted to make art pallet cookies and my wish came true last week.  A sorority sister of mine who I've also made cookies for in the past asked if I'd make art cookies for her little girls birthday.  And who can say no to that?

I started out by making the art pallet out of the same cutter I've used recently to make the golf green holes. Recognize it?

After flooding it brown I painted on the "wood grain" effect to make it look more like an artist paint pallet.

I think it looks pretty nifty.


My next quest was to find something to make paint brushes out of....nothing like a spoon cookie cutter to come to the rescue.

And yes, I have a spoon, fork and knife cookie cutter.  Don't judge.


And a little wood grain effect to complete the paint brush handles.


 This was by far the easiest cookie decorating I've done.  I just took the piping tips off the bag and smooshed (it's a technical term) the frosting onto the paint pallets.



Easy.  And cool.


The final products are awesome.  And so colorful.  It just makes me happy looking at these paint brushes.





Happy 6th Birthday to a cool little girl.  I'm hoping she loved them!  I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment