Image Map

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cookie Cutter 101

Dave made me another cutter.

He's claiming it'll cost me $10.00 because he's started a new business.

A cookie cutter business.

I am apparently his only customer.

I don't really see how this will be financially beneficial?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.  Or robbing me to pay him.

We had purchased a 3 inch hand seamer...(note: I purchased it with my cookie profits)

 
He had these tin snips on hand.
 

And I drew it out to size, after looking online at about 10 different samples.


From here on out I pretty much just took pictures while Dave bended, pushed, pulled and tried not to slice off his fingers.









After all the bending was done, it was time for Dave to solder the ends together.


FIRE!


And then it cools.


And like magic...to me...I have a cookie cutter.


Guess I owe him $10.00.  I'll pay AFTER I actually use it to make cookies.  It could be faulty you know.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is WAY WAY WAY too cool. I'm assuming that Dave is your hubby. I'd say he earned way more than $10! That is an awesome cookie cutter and it's copper! HEAVEN! Can't wait to see the cookies!

    ReplyDelete