Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sheaves of What...

Sheaves of Wheat...that's what.

For what?  A luncheon honoring a man who was a farmer in Western Nebraska and one of his main crops were...

...I'll give you one guess...

...it's not hard.

Wheat.

A hard one wasn't it?

I took these back in early December.  So pardon the lack of "in-progress" photos. This was BMNYR - Before My New Year's Resolution.  So this is spotty at best.

I looked at Sugarbelle's wheat sheaf cookies - and attempted to mimic hers.  Imitation is the greatest form of flattery right?

She used a ice cream cone cookie cutter.

I used the green one (aka the one on the bottom in case you're color blind)


And away I mixed "wheat" colored frosting.  A little gold food coloring with a slight drop of light brown.


Next were red bows - we are in Nebraska Husker country after all.


And then I forgot to take photos of the step by step t.o make the actual sheaves.  Just imagine photos of me piping frosting in straight lines with little small leaves at the top.

Ta-Da...you get this!


And sheaves of wheat don't look pretty unless they are sitting on some barn wood.  Right?


Hey, I was just keeping with the western farming theme.  Go with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment