Image Map

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dave's Cutter Challenge - Round 1

Remember not long ago when I counted all of my cookie cutters?

And I may or may not have realized that:

A). I have a lot of cookie cutters
B). I possibly have a few that I've never used

SO....to start using those cookie cutters and to make my husband feel better about my habit I developed a game.

And boy is it a fun game.

I'm sure my husband Dave would agree (yes, that was a sarcastic comment).

I'll stop keeping you in suspense and tell you about the new game titled "Dave's Cutter Challenge" and the premiere round.  The rules are simple.  Dave gets to pick three cookie cutters (that he believes I've never used before) and then from those three I get to select one to use.

For the premiere round Dave picked three cookie cutters that he thought I'd never done: a truck - already used, a turtle - used incredibly recently, and a hippo - never used.  So by default the hippo won.

A few days ago on Facebook I had posted the picture you see below...

It is a hippo cutter however Dave thought it was actually a pig.  And after looking at it I totally think it could look like the pig from the Toy Story franchise...

See...tell me I'm wrong...

 

However, I chose to use it as how it was originally intended - but I made three different drawings.

Hippo #1


Hippo #2

Hippo #3

I was very nervous and thought about throwing them away at this point because it didn't seem that anything was coming together and they resembled grey blobs.


Thankfully after adding some eyes and accents they started to resemble hippos, kinda.  After I was done I was proudly showing them to Dave he said "don't hippos have pink mouths?"

Oh so what. Pink schmink.  White looks totally fine.  And I forgot to add teeth...but I didn't tell him.




Not too shabby. At least it's a practice round on hippos and I'm prepared for a huge hippo order to come my way...because that's really common.


Round 1 complete. Ready for the next challenge of...a monkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment