Image Map

Friday, February 28, 2014

Pretty as a Peacock

A close friend asked if I'd make peacock cookies for her daughter's sixth birthday.  Normally she's not too shabby when it comes to making sugar cookies - however she didn't want to attempt these.

Chicken.

So it fell to me.  To make them.  And to make them look good.

A hard feat.  Feathers are just difficult.

So I started with a seashell and oval/teardrop cutter.


Everything you'd use to make peacocks right?

The ovals would become the feathers.


A freehand teardrop, slightly shaky, but a starting point none-the-less...


Then I just put colors on top of colors.





And after that it came time to layer on the feathers


and some more...


and more


The peacocks were just an experiment in the making.  Which actually means I had no clue what I was doing and was flying by the seat of my pants.




I'll say that it ended up working pretty nicely...though the peacocks seem to have a surprised look on their faces!  Maybe because they're so shocked that it worked.


I didn't take any pictures of the number 6's I did...they were actually a surprise for the birthday girl and her mommy.  So that's the reason I'm using for not taking photos...and I'm sticking to it.

I'm fairly happy with the way everything turned out.  I still want another go at the feathers.  But I think we'll have a pretty happy six year old.









A very very Happy Birthday to Miss Riley!  We hope these live up to all your peacock wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment