Image Map

Saturday, February 8, 2014

It's a Birthday...and my worst nightmare...

I got a text from my cousin this week asking if I'd have time to make cookies for her sister (my other cousin) since it was her 40th birthday.

Who turns down family?  Not me.

So I made some pretty cookies that weren't "morbidly black" (such party poopers).

Dang you Cris.

So I settled on balloons, cakes and party hats.  And no canes, pill bottles and black cupcakes.


I decided to make the cakes on a pedestal to shorten it up.  It didn't need to look like a wedding cake.





 And the final product wasn't too shabby.



Now here's the kicker.  I had packaged the cookies all up this morning, put them in their box, and set them on the steps in our garage so my cousin could pick them up today while I was out.

Sounds like not a big deal right?

Well, it was.  Because after I had placed the packaged cookie box on the steps I went back inside to grab some things before I left the house.  And apparently in those 5 minutes I totally forgot I'd placed the cookies on the steps.  So when I was leaving the house...and opened the door from the house...and walked into the garage I stepped on the cookies.

Yes, STEPPED. ON. THE. COOKIES.

My worst nightmare of cookie making came true today.

Cue instant screaming, possibly some curse words and all around acting like a two year old having a massive temper tantrum.

Thank the good Lord above I only stepped on the edge of the box.  Two cookies lost their lives early today to my boot.  And thankfully I'd made a few more than the two dozen requested.

Apparently I knew, subconsciously, that I was going to be a complete klutz/absent minded professor today.

Ugh.

So Happy 40th Birthday Cousin...I hope you enjoyed the non-broke cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment