Image Map

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Choo Choo

It's the third and final installment of my Father's Day cookie posts.  And this one is for my uncle.



He loves trains.  Apparently since he was young.  My grandparents took him when he was young to the train yard so he could watch the trains coming and going, engines hooking onto coal cars, cabooses and all things train.

As he got older they use to go to the Am track station in town so he could watch, and announce, the trains coming into the station and heading out.

He's even got a pretty sweet model train and city that is almost complete.  He's been working on it since I was little...and I'm 31 now.  I'd like to credit my aunt in the final push to get the train set complete so I guess she can enjoy these cookies too!

I'd seen an example of these recently...and for the life of me I can't remember where.  So I'd honestly LOVE to give credit where credit is due...I just can't remember.  So if you made these cookies originally PLEASE let me know so I can announce it to the world!

I made square cookies. I believe the original were on rectangles.  However I have NO rectangle cookie cutter.  So square it is.

First things first is to outline and flood.  Pretty much how EVERY cookie starts.


Then I grabbed my black thick frosting with a #1 tip.


And I started laying down train tracks.

I feel like I sound as if I'm a musician "laying down beats..."  Anyone?  Anyone?  Is this thing on?


And then the other side.


Magic.  A train track.


Then I piped on a red train - which actually sorta looked like a red blob train.  I'm not sure the red train heads down the real train tracks...but it's an imaginary train.


And because I forgot to take pictures I added on wheels and then the gray smoke.


I used a food marker to write on the train and give it a little detail along with adding some smoke detail.


Hopefully he can enjoy these cookies as much as he enjoyed watching them all those years at the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment