Image Map

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Gone Fishing

Most of the men in my family (both my family and my in-laws) love to fish.

Some more than others...but none the less they enjoy heading out on open water to try their luck.

I decided to make fishing cookies for my father-in-law. 


I started with the fishies.

They are not a particular species.  Or kind.  Or whatever you call it.

They're my made up fish. 


Outlined in a thick forest green color frosting.


Then flooded with the same color flood frosting.


Then I thought I'd make some balloons.


Kidding.  I used a balloon cookie cutter - but thought if I turned it upside down I could use it for bobbers.


Started by outlining the red bottom half.


And filling it in.


Then outlining the white top portion.


And flooding in the top portion with white.


Then I went to bed.  Honestly.  You've got to let cookies dry overnight so you can add on the second layer of details.  That's true for any cookies.

But with the magic of the Internet you don't have to go to sleep to see what happens next.

I added on the white top, outlined the entire bobber in red (see the top left hand bobber) and added on the fishing line.


Ta-Da.


Next I made crayons.

Fish like crayons.


I'm a liar.  I made brown worms on crayons.


Or maybe it wasn't a worm.  It was a fishing pole handle.  And a green rod and reel.


And then the rest of the "stuff."


I wish I would have done an entire white background before I'd added on the fishing pole.  It would have helped the design to stand out.

Oh well...live and learn right?


So Happy Father's Day Don.  I hope you like catching these fish.





I linked this up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment