Image Map

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Best Purchase Ever

Here's how my best purchase ever started...
1.  You see I needed...scratch that....wanted to buy a KopyKake projector that all my cookie hero's use. But I'd been hemming and hawing (yes it is a real expression) over purchasing one because they were a tad on the expensive side.
2.  I needed a KopyKake projector by this past Sunday to do a logo.
3.  I realized I needed a projector Friday afternoon.
4. There was no way I was going to be able to purchase one on-line without paying a ridiculous amount on top of a crazy amount of shipping.
5.  So I did what anyone else would do...I frantically began my search around town for a drawing projector.  Thinking it would work.

WRONG.

I digress.  I actually tried to use an old drawing projector that my mother had given me that I think probably came from my grandmothers house.

It didn't work.  I couldn't make the image small enough....not to mention I wasn't about to decorate or let alone even bake a cookie that was 12 inches x 12 inches to fit the smallest visible image this sucker was projecting.

So I shopped around...bought...and then returned a lot of projectors.

Then in desperationI went to google.  And worked the computer like crazy.

And finally....FINALLY...something popped up.

I was at the point that I was willing to try anything.

So I bought myself a 3M MP225 Mobile Projector.  Rolls off the tongue doesn't it?!

Why that model?  Well it claimed to hook up to ipads and iphones and ipod touches - all of which we had at our house.  And it was small. 

Which makes it incredibly easy to store.

So I hauled off to Target and bought one.

It's white....and yes I know it's hard to see below.

This might be better visually.  See how small it is? I could put it into my purse.  At a moments notice I could project things wherever I was.  So handy, right? (I'm being facetious).



This I think gives you a better idea....


But you say, how will you project onto a cookie? 

Why by using my handy dandy tripod that my husband got me for Christmas.  It's not for just taking pictures anymore.

So I hooked it up to my iphone - got a picture of the logo I needed from off the UNO Athletics website and away I went.


And it works pretty darn nifty.


I will say it's not cheap. As in $229.09 not cheap.  Not at all.  It's almost as expensive as a KopyKake.  However....it was readily available at my local Target (other stores carry it too...that was just where I went) and as I reasoned to my husband it's easy to store because it's so small. 

Remember, I could put it into my purse it's so small.

So for that somewhat splurge purchase I'm actually very very happy.

What can I trace next?



(Note: 3M did not ask me to write this review, nor do they even know I exist.  I stumbled upon this on my own and thought I'd share).

1 comment: