Image Map

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Went With the Wine Glasses

My husband asked me last week if I'd make cookies to take to someone at his work.  Specifically Wendy - who in Dave's eye's is not only amazing but puts up with him and the other guys at the office all while keeping everything running smoothly and not letting them burn down the office each day.

It was her birthday Tuesday - so he wanted me to make cookies.

And after asking him what Wendy liked or what hobbies she had - all he could come up with was that she was in a wine group with a bunch of women.  So we settled on making some grapes and glasses of wine.

Perfect.

Away I baked.

And made a dozen grape cookies and eight wine glass cookies.

Then I whipped up some burgundy colored wine - so it'd at least look realistic - and away I went.

Pretty good start huh?


Apparently Brooke our Chesapeake Bay Retriever thought so too...


The wine cookies now reside in her belly. 

Thankfully the grape cookies were nowhere in her reach.  Though I'm now convinced she has a go-go gadget neck...but that's a side story for another day.




I told Dave as I was working on the grapes that he'd have to explain to Wendy why she was just getting a bunch of grapes for her birthday.  Or else she'd think I was rather crazy.


Thankfully he did - and I heard she loved them. 

They ended up looking pretty nifty if I do say so myself.



They just would have been that much better with the wine glasses.

Harrumph.  Darn you Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment