Image Map

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Eye, Eye, EyeEye

This order was the bane of my existence.

Mainly because the white base layer of frosting didn't want to fully harden.

I've never had that happen before. 

Especially since I'd done NOTHING different.

The cookie started like this...


Yep, just plain circles.

The reason was - I was asked to do different eyes.  Yep, just eyes.

For the Nebraska Optometric Association. 

See why I did eyes now?

Four dozen cookies later - after frosting the base layer of white - I realized they weren't hardening.  So I whipped out the dehydrator.  Lila Loa had posted about doing this on her blog - and I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Normally it works great.

This time, they still wouldn't harden.

So I frost 4 different sets of eyes - one for each dozen - and then put them back into the dehydrator to dry overnight for 8 hours. 

Because my husband had to deliver them to Lincoln the next day and he was leaving at 6:30 am.

Yeah, I was real happy.

The ended up not too shabby.

A girly set of eyes...


Some green eyes...


Big Blue...


And the shocked set of eyes...


So after drying overnight in the dehydrator - I rose early to package them up.

And I finished packaging them at this time...


Yes, that's in the morning.

But they were ready for their trek down the interstate and hopefully to be enjoyed this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment