Image Map

Friday, October 26, 2012

The Horseshoe & The Huskers

I made Husker cookies this week - again - but yet I never get tired of them.  Some were for a customer who was hosting a tailgate at her home for the game and the others were for our own personal football tailgate.

Yes I made them for myself....

But I did use this opportunity to try out something a little different for the cookie design instead of the traditional football or helmet.

Nebraska football has many stoic and time honored traditions within it's program.  One specifically is the Tunnel Walk that happens before each home game and is shown on the huge screens in the stadium.  No matter what the theme is for that year the Tunnel Walk ends with a live camera shot of the players leaving their locker room, heading down the hallway and and as they exit the doors they all jump up to tap the horseshoe.



The Horseshoe - according to the Husker Athletic Website - says this:

For as long as anyone can remember, the Huskers have touched a lucky horseshoe on their way from the locker room to the field.  It has hung outside the locker room in a tradition that has been followed for over half a century, players reach up to touch the horseshoe for good luck as they make their way to the tunnel walk prior to each home game.

There is a great video here that showcases it if you are feeling like you want to watch a little GO BIG RED pump up.

So you wonder where all this is going?

Yes, I'm still talking about cookies. 

But I needed to give that big explanation so you'd understand the cookie I made. 

And you wouldn't think I was crazy. 

Or that I'd mistakenly thought that it was St. Patrick's Day with the horseshoe.

This is my cookie version of the Husker Horseshoe...


It sort of resembles this...




But because I couldn't leave it at that - I also made some Husker cookies in the shape of the state of Nebraska and added a little corn detail to each.



Hopefully these will bring smiles to faces and a win against Michigan this weekend!

Go Big Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment