Image Map

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Life is Like a Box of Chocolates

Forrest Gump totally had it right.  Life IS like a box of chocolates.

Especially when they are sugar cookies made to look like chocolates.  Right?

I'd rather eat the cookie version than the chocolate ones.  Yes, I know...you're gasping.  How can I not like chocolate?  I'm sorry.  I just don't.  I'd pick vanilla over chocolate EVERY time.  My mom and I argue over birthday cake every year, white cake with white frosting just can't be beat.  I don't care what you say, mom.

However, I do think she'd still like these box of chocolate cookies.

It all started with the idea of making Valentines cookies - and I wanted to do something different but easier. Ha! Easier is NEVER the case when making sugar cookies but I like to pretend.  It makes me feel better.  

After searching online I ordered boxes from BRP Box Shop.  It is literally the BEST place to buy boxes. They are my mecca.  My jam.  The place where I like to donate money to. I want to buy all types of boxes from them, for things I don't even make. Like macaroon boxes.  Or cupcake box carriers.  Heck, even cake pops (and the last time I tried to make cake pops I about threw everything out of my kitchen...it went that well...).

I found these 4x4 inch boxes and knew they'd be perfect.

Aren't they perfect?  And cute.  Cute perfect small boxes.

Perfect for "chocolate" sugar cookies.



The surprise just keeps getting better and better once you open up the cute perfect small box.  It fit three cupcake liners perfectly.  


Originally I had in mind four cupcake liners per box but after struggling to shove them in without completely looking mangled I settled for three.  Except they could each hold 2 cookies so it went from being a 4-piece gift box to a 6-piece.  Boom...the buyer wins again.



Now doesn't that make you want to dig in and eat the entire box?


How can you resist?


Best part is that I have some extra sets available - while they last for pickup in Omaha only!  So if you've forgotten to get a gift or slack like some individuals...here's your perfect solution.  At only $5.00 per box you can't beat it.

And maybe your Valentine will share.  Or maybe they won't.

Either way this Valentine's Day will be just like a box of chocolates.  Cookie chocolates that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment