Image Map

Monday, February 16, 2015

Welcome Home!

My best friend asked if I'd make cookies for their new next door neighbors.  She originally asked if I'd make them New Year's cookies however we had a little pipe leakage at our house which deterred me from making cookies for little bit.

That disaster at home gave me some extra time to think of something different to do for new home and neighborhood cookies.

Plus this gave me the perfect excuse to use the new cookie cutters I got from my parents for Christmas.  They're awesome. 

I decided to try something different.  Painting on cookies. I first flooded everything white and waited for them to dry overnight.


Then I used different airbrush colors, watered them down a bit and started painting, overlapping colors as I went.





I love how they turned out.  Such a rainbow of colors and so happy.  Cookies can be happy right?



Here they are.  I was also trying out different backgrounds to see what looked best.  I think my favorite is the last one.  The cookies seem to pop more.




Either way, the new home owners loved them, or so I was told.  Now I can't wait to paint more. Seriously, how have I missed all the fun on this?


No comments:

Post a Comment