Image Map

Friday, February 6, 2015

The Road Runner

It's not every day that I make road runner cookies.  Nor is it easy to find a cookie cutter that works.

I was asked to make cookies replicating the logos of a local elementary school.  Who knew they were roadrunners?

Enter my fantastic husband who begrudgingly  willingly made me a road runner cookie cutter that looked like the logo.


I posted the cutter once it was made on my Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts and asked if people could guess what it was.


I love the comment about a "crime scene for a ginger!" Hilarious. 

No one guessed correctly.  They ranged from ninja, Olaf, Big 6, Mickey Mouse's hand, Rudolph, airplane, to a shark.   Wondering if I should try making any of those?

So away I went.  Baking away and then realizing that I desperately need a kopykake or some sort of magic projector that's EASY to use.

I ended up drawing on EVERY SINGLE COOKIE before I started piping.  

EVERY. SINGLE. COOKIE.  

Did I mention I had to make lots?  Lots and lots.

This was just step one of what felt like 100...even though it wasn't that bad.  Mentally I'd just lost it because I was making these at 11 pm.  I turn into a two year old after 11 pm with an inability to do anything.  It's pretty special.


I forgot to take a final picture, so you'll have to deal with the packaged cookies.   Just look past the cellophane.



I'm thinking and hoping they were loved and enjoyed by all!  

Anyone need a road runner cookie cutter?  I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment